Tuesday, June 3, 2008

if my boss ever reads this, she will probably spank me

but--hey--she is also the same person that once told me "we all do what we have to to survive."

anyway, my new way of getting through the day? ONLINE TV. previously, i've thought to myself: why would anyone watch TV online??? the screen is too small, the quality isn't that good, and if you want to watch TV, you should just buy a damn TV already! but last week, i discovered that watching TV online is, for cubicle-residents such as myself, almost better than discovering the fountain of youth or getting 2 weeks of paid leave for good behavior. *i said ALMOST*

unfortunately, Fox On Demand is really the only player i can get to work with my laptop. in other words, the other networks' players suck my ass. and there are very few shows on Fox that i would be caught watching. House is always a good one, but i'm all caught up on that. and i watched all 8 episodes of Amsterdam which i absolutely love (past lives + detective work = happy lee lee). so, yesterday, i decided to bite the bullet and join NETFLIX (gasp!). why i have resisted this for so long we will never know... it's $7.99 for one movie at a time, but as many as you want a month PLUS free online shows, movies, and other craptastic goodies. i am in heaven, well--at least while i'm at work.

currently, i'm catching up on Weeds, a show i never would've been able to watch since i don't now nor will i ever have Showtime. the show isn't that great. but you know what it IS better than? silence. or even worse, the thoughts in my head. or, the worse-est of them all...my cubicle neighbor's harp music. Go Weeds! Go Online TV!

1 comment:

KFrayz said...

since thou who shall remain nameless EX of mine convinced me that getting rid of cable (thus spending the money saved to visit her INSTEAD)...I too now enjoy watching TV on my laptop...too bad I can't do it at work..sigh..if only there was a way...BTW what should I spend this cash on now?